My friends and I were chatting over twitter about cellulites and dark knees. Being cellulite being a major problem for most women of all ages, and most especially for women who have given birth and in their mid to late 30′s. In a category in which I belong to.
But, the thing is: I don’t have cellulite. Nor do I have stretch marks as well.
Please don’t hate me for this, and yes; perhaps, I am bragging a bit here. Because having no cellulite is a dream for most women in the whole planet. However, when I think about it and what knowledge I have from my being a Physical Therapist; I have listed down the following reasons that may be why I don’t have cellulites:
1. We lived on fish (tuyo, sardines and galunggong) and pinakbet (sautéed veggies) when we were starting out as a family. Any form of meat and chicken was a luxury.
2. I developed a dislike to chicken skin, porkchop fat and the marbling in beef when we were able to afford to eat such food. When mama cooked fried chicken or pork chop – I always trimmed off the skin and the fat. A habit that I have developed until now. Except now, I am beginning to love bacon – especially the one from Pancake House.
3. I was always moving. Call it a case of ADHD, but I have been jogging in our childhood village since I was in the 5th Grade. And Papa had a gym set at home, which I also used after my thirty-minute jogs to strengthen my arms with biceps curl and squats for my flimsy teenaged legs.
4. We mostly ate at home when we were young. Mama’s cooking was awesome, but very basic. No fancy cream or gravy-laden meals. The only sweets she made was brownies, steamed buto ng langka and palitaw.
5. My Apo (grandmother on mama’s side) also had great skin. I know that genetics play a role in cellulite formation. But, so far I am the only girl in the family that doesn’t have it. And I am the only one who still peel off the chicken skin and fatty parts of beef or pork whenever it was part of the meal.
Being adverse to the taste of fried chicken skin and fat when I was young was a blessing, now that I think about it. Right now, however – I am starting to like the taste of fried chicken skin… But fat from beef or pork still makes me cringe. Except for bacon that is cooked to crisp perfection!
But, I do love to snack and drink! Chips with cream cheese dip, red velvet muffin from Slice and an extra large dark assam froth from Cha Dao are my current addictions right now. And even if I don’t have any cellulite, I do have a muffin top and a distended tummy to vouch for my snacking addictions.
If you are looking for ways on getting rid of cellulites, perhaps you can give up fried chicken skin and meat fat altogether, do moderate exercise for at least thirty minutes a day, drink lots of water and scrub your whole body with Unilab’s Asian Secrets Lulur or St. Ives Apricot Scrub twice or thrice a week to exfoliate your skin too.